While no facemask can guarantee 100% prevention of exposure to any virus, HALOmask’s
revolutionary HALO Nanofilter has been independently tested by Nelson Laboratories, a leading provider of microbiological and viral testing and analysis. In testing, HALO Nanofilters proved effective at capturing over 99% of airborne particulates and pathogens down to 0.1 microns. By comparison, the Covid-19 virus measures approximately 0.125 microns in diameter. Read more about our Nanotechnology filters here.
COVID-19 spreads from person to person primarily through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks. Droplets can land on people who are nearby and be inhaled into the lungs. Unlike most facemasks, HALOmask not only blocks the inhalation of droplets, particles and pathogens, but also prevents the exhalation of respiratory droplets by the wearer.
Because HALOmask is not categorized as a medical device, certification by the FDA and NIOSH is not required. Medical mask certifications only apply to face masks that are single use and disposable.
To minimize your risk of infection with COVID-19, wear your HALOmaskTM in conjunction with everyday preventive actions, including good nutrition, frequent handwashing and social distancing. Please continue to follow the guidance and orders issued by local government authorities and workplace/institutional instructions and standards.
For maximum protection we recommend weekly replacement of filters for people in direct daily contact with the general public or people with higher-risk conditions. For regular and occasional use (such as commuting, shopping, traveling and gardening) replacing your mask filter every 2 – 4 weeks will keep it fresh and functioning efficiently.
Nanofibers are extremely small fibers – more than a thousand times thinner than a human hair, and individually invisible to the human eye. Nanofibers form dense spider web-like structures which have an advantage over conventional filters due to their incredibly large surface area and miniscule pore size. In each HALOmask there are up to 15 miles (24 km) of nanofiber in each woven Nanofilter! The unique structure of this ‘invisible matrix’ physically captures virtually all airborne particles and pathogens - from smoke, dust, pollution and pollen to bacteria and viruses.
The HALO Nanofilter is composed of a microscopic nanofiber matrix sealed between two layers of inert backing material. There is NO POSSIBILITY of inhaling nanofibers from a HALO Nanofilter.
Yes! The Halo Mask and nanofiber filters are tested and certified to Nelson Labs standards to 99.7% particulate efficiency at 1.0 Microns, which exceeds N95 standards. More information and test results can be found on our filters page.
According to recent studies, simple cloth masks and masks without filtration technology do not stop viruses or bacteria. Viruses and bacteria are thousands of times smaller than the strands of cotton or synthetic thread in home made cloth or non-filter masks, allowing airborne particles to pass directly through. Our high-tech, paper-thin HALO NanofiltersTM feature a proprietary ‘nano-matrix’ that blocks virtually all smoke, dust, pollution, pollen, particulates and pathogens.
Many conventional masks use filters with up to 4 or 5 layers. This means you have to inhale and exhale through all these layers AND the fabric of the mask with each breath, which can be hard work! This can also cause air to leak around the edges of these masks, allowing airborne particulates and pathogens to pass through unfiltered. To avoid this, some masks add valves to quickly expel air when exhaled, but these valves typically have no filtration, and thus offer no protection to others. As a result, when someone wearing a mask with a valve coughs, sneezes or breathes forcefully, bacteria and viruses can pass directly through the valve and out into the air. For this reason many city, state and local governments across the United States have banned masks with valves.
In stark contrast, the paper-thin HALOmask Nanofilter allows the wearer to breathe freely and enjoy maximum filtration BOTH on the inhale (from the environment) and the exhale (protecting others).
Every HALOmask includes an adjustable noseband (and optional nosepad) which seals the mask around your nose and cheeks. When worn correctly, exhalation passes directly through the mask and not up into your glasses. If you experience fogging, adjust your noseband and renew your nose pad (available with replacement filter packs).
For Halo Masks and filters:
If you've placed an order and haven't received your product yet, you may cancel it at any time before it's been shipped. We accept product returns only for manufacturer's defect within 30 days of delivery. Since our masks are personal protection products, we are unable to accept returns of any kind unless it's a manufacturer's defect. Please refer to the sizing guide to ensure you are ordering the correct size mask. We will not accept returns if the wrong size mask is ordered.
For Partner Products:
We will facilitate returns for any items purchased from partner companies according to their individual policies. If you have more questions on this, contact us here.
HALOmask features a natural bamboo lining that is naturally cooling and moisture-wicking, and which is also antibacterial due to a unique ingredient called Kun that repels germs, bacteria and pathogens. This results in a mask that is super-comfortable to wear (without chafing) for hours at a time, while remaining fresher for longer between washes.
1. Remove from packaging and unfold your mask.
2. Hold the mask up and locate the noseband in the bridge.
3. Hold the foam nosepad and peel off the backing to expose the adhesive strip.
4. Carefully fold nosepad into a V with the sticky side facing OUT
5. Insert the sticky side of the nosepad into the “V” where the nose will go into the mask.
6. Press nosepad firmly into mask for several seconds.
7. Place your mask with its flexible nose-band (and installed foam nosepad) over the bridge of your nose and gently bend to fit.
8. Pull straps over ears. To adjust the size of the ear loops, take off the mask, hold each rubber bead in turn, and pull each strap or both together to tighten or loosen
9. Pull the mask down to wrap under your chin
10. Continue adjusting straps and noseband for maximum comfort
11. For a How-To Video see: halolife.io/pages/my-new-halo-mask
In general, small fits kids from around 7 to around 12 or small women. Medium typically fits the average woman, teenager or smaller man. Large fits larger women and most men. Extra large fits people with big faces and heads. To get an accurate measurement on what size is right for you, please visit see any product page within our mask collection.
Glad you asked and it's super simple! Position the mask to the flexible metal piece is on top, put over your chin first, then nose. From there, loop over each ear. You can pull tighter or loosen the adjustment bead to your desired fit.
1. Remove the filter from its package or from the mask if replacing.
2. Fill a bowl or basin with hot water, add detergent to clean and disinfect the fabric. You may add some drops of activated oils such as tea-tree, eucalyptus or lavender to further disinfect. We do not recommend chemical disinfectants or alcohol be used on this product.
3. Submerge and agitate the mask, soaking for 10 -15 minutes.
4. If stained or soiled, use a small brush with soap or detergent to spot clean
5. Rinse mask in warm water, flick excess water off and pat dry being careful to not overbend or distort the internal noseband
6. Hang in the sun or a warm airy place to dry.
7. Once dry, replace with existing or new filter
Most masks under-perform with facial hair and beards as they don’t allow for an air-tight seal around the face and neck. HALOmask is specially designed to wrap around your chin enables a more secure fit for every shape of face including those with beards.
Yes - please go to: halolife.io/pages/my-new-halo-mask
- Pre-wash your mask if you are sensitive to new materials or smells
- Change the filter every 2-4 weeks (depending on conditions)
- Hand-wash your mask every few days (depending on conditions)
- Remove filter before washing, re-insert using instructions.
- Handle your HALOmask gently, folding when not in use.
- Carry your HALOmask in a loose pocket or bag when not wearing
- Tell your family and friends about HALO Mask!
- Bend the internal noseband more than necessary.
- Carry your mask in a back pocket in case you sit on it.
- Wash masks with filters or filters themselves.
- Clean in the washing machine.
- Re-use the filter if it has been washed